Tuesday, April 17, 2012

On their way to Chicago


Over the weekend I started laying out my miniatures contribution to the Guns Of April project, just so I could get a good sense of my Napoleonics collection so far. I was pretty happy to see it all arrayed in an almost march past-type set up. With command stands and casualty markers (and pesky Frenchies) there are well over 300 models ready to do battle on our little (12'x6') slice of the Spanish countryside.

After snapping a few fairly crappy shots (the one above being the best) I started packing it all in my lovely custom foam trays, ordered from my first choice in miniature storage and transport, Battlefoam.


In this tray we have the British Divisional commander, four Brigade commanders, eleven casualty markers, and the French Leger unit I finished up for Mr Pauwels.


In the second tray we have the 1st KGL Hussars, the 3rd and 4th Dragoons, the 2nd Caçadores, two small units of the 60th Rifles, two RHA guns, one, RA gun, and six disruption markers.


In the third tray we have the 2nd Bttn of the 69th Ligne (for use by Mr Dulaney), the 1st and 2nd Bttns of KGL Line, the 79th (Cameron) Highlanders, the steeds for the 11th French Dragoons, and both ox-drawn water carts, as well as the last three disruption markers.


And finally, in the fourth tray we have the two large units of Foot Guards (2nd and 3rd), as well as all the British flags (from the Flag Dude).


And here's the stack : )

These models are now all on their way to Chicago for the big game on Friday night, in the back of a Penske truck piloted by our very own Joe Krone (also Global Events Manager for Battlefront Miniatures).

With any luck everything will arrive safe and sound.

Cheers
Dave

14 comments:

  1. Nice minis, great packaging! Hope it goes well.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. I'm sure something will go horribly wrong, but here's hoping it won't.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Absolutely-bloomin-lovely! What a sight and great packaging, I may need to invest in some of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These custom trays aren't cheap but, in my humble opinion, are well worth it. When you spend all that time painting up the little buggers, protecting them is just as important.

      Delete
  3. This is such an amazing project. I can't wait to see photos from Adepticon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying it Michael. We'll hopefully have some photos and after action comments up over the weekend, if the lure of the bar isn't too much for us : )

      Delete
    2. You have definitely inspired me to do more historical wargaming. I'll be painting up some ACW and Peninsula troops this summer.

      ACW gaming is what got me into the hobby, unfortunately it is very tough to get anyone to play around here. I enjoy 40k, fantasy, and Warmachine, but it would be swell if gamers could learn whence their hobby came.

      Delete
  4. Great looking collection! i am looking forward to seeing photos of the event. thats if you dont get to involved in the action or the bar,
    cheers Steve
    www.1066campaign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get a few shots during the game, at least of the turn by turn action. Then off to the bar ; )

      Delete
  5. Waaaaait a minute... You made movement trays? Bugger you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I even made a bunch more for the Frenchies, should y'all need 'em

      Delete
    2. You are such a beautiful man! Now stop distracting me! I am completing my army! ;)

      Delete
  6. My head is gonna explode.

    They look great, DT. Personally, I finished my second gun last night, along with a few more Leger. I figure, after a marathon painting session tonight, I should have just about 3-5 more models and a couple bases to paint come Friday morning. Cutting it close, but well within the realm of reality.

    My troops will not be travelling in this sort of style, but they certainly have a much, much shorter trip to Lombard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope all of mine survive being checked on the flight tomorrow in the early AM. I will be be down to the last 5 models here shortly...

      Delete