Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Brigade Menne: Mis y jour.

Well met!  Here are a few pics from an updated Brigade Menne (our third brigade, part of Feyer's Division).  This is both battalions of the 26th Ligne.  I have one more stand (voltigeurs) to add to the 2nd Battalion.  There's also a shot of a Foot artillery piece.

The 1st Battalion of my Leger is completed (thanks to Master Taylor) and I have two stands left on the 2nd.  Additionally, Menne himself just needs the base finished.  Finally, I have one more Horse gun to finish.  It'll be close.  You may find me at Adepticon Friday afternoon finishing some last-minute troops...

I'm also preparing mentally by reading the applicable chapters in 'The Spanish Ulcer'- a great history of the Peninsular War.

Dave P.



7 comments:

  1. Some lovely painting there! There is quite a bit of work in those Perry French, if one does them properly, like you do.

    Cheers, Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to follow your progress, wish I could paint as well and as fast. Fine work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys, but it's not very fast. And the quicker I do go, the quality seems to drop off exponentially. But so far, I'm really happy with my brigade.

    Simon- good to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you! I'm also getting very into Naps, the Perrys, in particular, paint up so well.

      Cheers, Simon

      Delete
  4. Excellent painting. The basing looks very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spanish Ulcer great book and excellent paintjobs - how do you get your bases looking so nice - I have never quite figured out how to do that part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny you should ask- I'm teaching a basing class at Adepticon next weekend! But, basically, I use a mixture of fine and coarse sand, drybrushed a few shades of brown/earth up to a buff. Then some mid-tone static grass and a few of the Army Painter "bushes."

    ReplyDelete